- Maintain the physical atmosphere and cleanliness of section before, during shift for proper set up
- Greets all guests with a positive demeanor and ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations
- Prepares the trays, laying out napkins and utensils, performing all other preparation tasks
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the Chef has made changes to the menus
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses
- Records details of the order from guests, repeat order to guest to check for accuracy
- Retrieve orders from kitchen, confirm accuracy and presentation when delivering to room
- Abide by all state, federal and liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors or intoxicated guests
- Picking up trays regularly from hallways and guest rooms
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, verify validity of charges, records charges returning the change, insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys
- Provide information to guests including menu descriptions, hotel information, and city surroundings
- Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest and personnel guests
This position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Ability to attend mandatory meetings.
- Ability to perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
- Ability to keep work area clean and organized.
- Ability to perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side stands.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Ability to stand, walk, and carry food trays for prolonged periods of time
- Knowledge of basic food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.