Posted September 14, 2021
Director Of Sales
- Ensures sales activities meet or exceed budgeted revenue for the hotel overall and for identified areas of personal responsibility.
- Dedicates approximately eighty percent (80%) of work time to customer contact sales solicitation.
- Sets goals and formulates action plans for soliciting and maintaining business based on the targeted market segments focusing on key result areas, as defined in the hotel marketing plan.
- Develops and implements sales and marketing strategies for new and existing accounts that will result in meeting and/or exceeding budgeted revenue.
- Ensure property based sales professionals maximizes individual productivity and results by planning and structuring time for sales activities based on business needs and trends.
- Generates new business through telemarketing, networking and cold-calling.
- Identifies new business by consulting publications to learn about events (conventions, conferences, training seminars, social gatherings, and other functions) requiring overnight travel.
- Actively participates and communicates with diverse community groups and organizations as a representative of the hotel in order to develop positive relationships with community representatives and networking opportunities that will result in business leads from these groups.
- Contacts individuals, civic groups, and executives of organizations to explain services and facilities offered by hotel and to solicit their business group and/or convention business, Room Sales, Food & Beverage Sales, and Catering/Banquet.
- Monitors hotel sales performance by analyzing monthly Star Reports, taking note specifically of RevPar Index, Occupancy Index and ADR Index. If any of these indices are not at 100% (which means the hotel is not obtaining its “fair share” in that index), the DOS should immediately create and implement corrective strategies and actions necessary to accomplish a 100% RevPar index.
- Makes outside sales calls by scheduling weekly site inspections or off site appointments to introduce hotel services to new accounts and to maintain and increase business to existing accounts.
- Maximizes business opportunities with existing accounts by building and maintaining good client relationships, and following up with representatives of existing accounts on an ongoing basis to determine their needs for hotel services.
- Assist with sales training, special projects and maintaining top corporate accounts.
- Organize and participate on cluster activities (i.e. sales blitz, tradeshows).
- Evaluates competition to identify potential points of competitive advantage and disadvantage. (SWOT Analysis)
- Develops and maintains standard account management systems for prospects, new accounts, and existing accounts; develops and maintains client files.
- Coordinates sales related activities with other departments to increase internal staff awareness of the customers’ needs and to offer new and improved services to customers.
- May assist in light set up and presentation at functions as needed.
- Room Inspections (Making sure rooms are clean and what you expected to sell the clients)
- Attends QA meetings with General Manager and/or department heads.
- Work with Front Desk and properly train them (LNR’s, NLNR’s, Up selling, etc)
- Monitor social media sites (trip advisor, facebook, twitter, etc…)
- Attending Brand Required Training & Conferences
Attend weekly BEO meetings with the General Manager, Sales Manager, Catering Manager, F&B Manager
- Assist General Manager with Budgets
- Work closely with the General Manager on Revenue Management (attend weekly or bi weekly conference calls)
- Handles all Group blocks without meeting space
- Handles all contracts (without meetings space), rates negotiations, etc.
Performs other duties and responsibilities that maybe assigned to them by the General Manager.
Hyatt Place Fayetteville/Springdale
107 Room Hotel
Make yourself at home in rooms close to the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville outdoor events, nightlife, parks, and greenspaces. Head out from Hyatt Place Fayetteville / Springdale to explore nearby scenic trails, or make a day trip to Lake of the Ozarks for boating, fishing, and outside fun.