The Overnight Security Guard monitors and patrols assigned areas to provide a safe environment for guests and employees and to minimize opportunities for loss or damage. He/she also anticipates potential problems and reacts to disturbances and prohibited conduct. This position responds to emergency situations as needed.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review department log records and be familiar with pertinent information relevant to the daily shift.
- Review the hotel status and follow up actions with the previous shift officer.
- Issue radios, beepers, keys to designated hotel personnel.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure the safekeeping of such.
- Check employee I.D.'s and ensure accuracy of employee time card punches as employees arrive/leave the employee entrance.
- Ensure all non-hotel personnel arriving at employee entrance are properly escorted while on property.
- Inspect employee packages, purses, bags, etc. as employees enter or leave the property.
- Provide escorts for employees.
- Ensure that after-hours access into secured hotel areas are properly authorized, monitored and documented.
- Handle deliveries received during non-business hours.
- Work with outside agencies (i.e., police). Coordinate emergency situations. Contact the Director of Security immediately for emergency situations. Monitor surveillance cameras. Investigate duress alarms. Patrol the property with specified equipment, checking all designated points and document all actions taken. Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Ensure all guest room doors are secured; assist guests with room access. Investigate suspicious persons on hotel property.
- Conduct designated investigations into theft or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints and other guest complaints; complete documented reports.
- Respond to the scene of guest/employee accident promptly; administer first aid/CPR; communicate specified information to E.M.S./medical personnel as required.
- Report to scenes of guest or employee fighting.
- Comply with state regulations and hotel guidelines for handling intoxicated guests.
- Coordinate towing of vehicles.
- Report to scenes of vehicles accidents/thefts and document specified information.
- Assist in moving/removing guest room possessions, inventory and security of such and "E" key rooms.
- Document, organize and store all lost and found items given to Security; document guest inquiries for lost items and coordinate return of lost items to guests.
- Comply with guest requests for storing and safekeeping of their valuables.
- Make arrests in compliance with legal and hotel requirements.
- Ensure security of rental vehicles and keys until issued to lease and upon return.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security and hotel reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Answer the departmental telephone.
- Communicate by radio/beeper with designated hotel personnel.
- Prepare work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering.
- Legibly complete designated reports.
- Document all pertinent information in the log book daily.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving.
- Review hotel status and any follow-up actions with on-coming Loss Prevention Guard.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Experience in Loss Prevention/Security
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Criminal-free record.
- Must be able to work two or three nights a week.
- Valid (state) driver's license. Excellent driving record.
- Able to drive all Company Vehicles (if applicable)
- Must have good understanding of the English language.
- Previous Hotel, Law Enforcement, or Military experience.
- Possession of Special Police Officer SPO certification.
- Certification of previous training in alcohol awareness program.
- Knowledge of local laws, investigative methods and fire safety.
- Certification in CPR and first aid.
Hyatt Place Hyatt House Tempe/Phoenix/University
259 Room Hotel
OPENING AUGUST 2020!!
Relax comfortably in the East Valley at Hyatt House Hyatt Place Tempe / Phoenix /University, our modern hotel is located in Tempe’s city center and within walking distance of sport stadiums, quick bites and restaurants, and the waterfront. Our spacious rooms include plush amenities to help you rest and recharge for the next day’s adventure.