The Engineer 1 (Hotel Maintenance Technician) is a skilled maintenance professional responsible for maintaining areas of the hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. The Engineer 1 is responsible for ensuring the upkeep of guest areas, including landscaping and grounds maintenance. The Engineer 1 (Hotel Maintenance Technician) is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist the Chief Engineer in supervising the Engineering Department when the Chief Engineer is not available.
- Complete work orders, and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the hotel: including mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, masonry and other related equipment.
- Conduct inspections and maintain the Preventative Maintenance, Room Care, and Landscape and Grounds programs.
- Complete all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, outlets, pools, spa/whirlpool (if necessary), BOH spaces and grounds.
- Assist with repairs as needed which may require climbing a ladder and/or working on a roof.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Respond to guest calls, complaints, and team member work orders in a timely, courteous and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment.
- Communicate all maintenance needs to manager, as well as appropriate hotel department heads. Ensure a timely response to internal requests.
- Ensure that all systems and equipment are functioning properly and efficiently.
- Assist with maintenance of parking lot, snow removal, and landscaping as needed.
- Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities.
- Recognize potential safety hazards and security problems and act upon each accordingly by reporting them to Chief Engineer.
- Practice safe working procedures at all times and adheres to industry standard protocols.
- Understand fire exit and extinguisher locations, and follow all hotel safety rules and procedures.
- Assist in special projects, including, but not limited to: renovations, remodeling, and painting.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a maintenance/engineer capacity.
- Ability to operate and repair HVAC, mechanical and electrical machinery
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- Training in refrigeration, plumbing and electrical, and HVAC also preferred, but not required.
- Part Time Saturdays and Sundays only.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
View All Current Opportunities at WidewatersAt A Glance
Nestled into Northern Virginia’s Dulles Corridor, Hyatt House Herndon/Reston is a neighborly hotel with a convenient location by premier shopping, dining and entertainment. Our Reston hotel offers free transportation and is near the Metro Station, so you can easily tour Washington DC and the Capitol. Or stick to Reston and visit close companies, golf courses, wineries and the Dulles International Airport (IAD).
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
Company Website: HyattHouseHerndon.com
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.