Posted June 10, 2021
The Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown is seeking a highly enthusiastic hotelier to join our team as a Security Guard! This position offers a fun and exciting opportunity to work with a "service first" company with future growth opportunities. The hotel is ideally located in downtown Asheville and is within walking distance of over 200 locally-owned restaurants, shops, entertainment venues and all things eclectically Asheville. The hotel has 140 rooms, a heated indoor pool, 24 hour market, and event space for up to 125 guests.
The ideal candidate will have previous security experience, good organizational skills, and present themselves in a professional manner as well as be able to:
• To Patrol and maintain general security of assigned property as described by the Head of Security.
• Utilize a computer, smartphone, or similar device to maintain a Daily Security Report, and create Incident Reports.
• Work under general supervision of the Head of Security and General Manager.
• Maintain consistent performance, attendance, uniform appearance, and professional grooming.
• Maintain professional communications with guests and colleagues.
• Respond to emergency calls including medical, fire, and damage to property.
• Regularly maintains good radio communications and etiquette.
• Preserves guest and hotel confidentiality at all times.
Benefits include competitive pay, vacation & paid time off, incentive bonuses, worldwide employee travel discounts, and more! Managers are eligible for medical, dental, life, AD&D, short term disability, and company-paid vision and long-term disability insurance. 401K programs are also available.
140 Room Hotel
The Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown is one of the most iconic hotels in Asheville NC. When travelers stay with us, in scenic Downtown Asheville they are conveniently located near more than 200 locally owned restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues.
Rooms at The Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown are spacious and relaxing, with attached living space and luxurious amenities a stay will be nothing less than relaxing.
Guests can start their morning with cage-free eggs, steel-cut oatmeal, whole fruit, all-natural bacon and sausage, and more. They can get a caffeine fix in the AM, or sip a cocktail at the bar in the PM.