The Front Desk Agent is responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service, and closing out guest accounts upon completion of stay, as well as ensuring the guest has an exceptional stay, to meet hotel’s high standards of quality.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys, certificates, and coupons as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office areas.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating and air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion. Keeps the corridors and service area neat at all times.
- Open & close vehicle doors for guests.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Prior hospitality experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and help resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations
- Professional, positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and team members.
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
451 Room Hotel
Enjoy your stay at our Denver Tech Center Hotel
Discover a premium one-stop travel experience at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center. Ideal for families, vacationers, and business travelers alike, our DTC hotel is conveniently situated minutes from downtown, the airport, and only steps from the Belleview light rail station. Take advantage of our trendy food and beverage scene, and exceptional on-site activities, like a full-service fitness center and indoor pool.