The Director of Sales will work closely with the General Manager to determine appropriate sales strategies in all market segments towards maximizing the hotel revenues. The DOS will execute market strategies and achieve goals to position the hotel as a leading upscale hotel within the market. The successful candidate will meet or exceed goals with pertinent action plans. Focus on business development and sales results within all market segments. Work closely with the brand on the global/national and key account program to gain acceptance into preferred global/national programs. Be well respected in the community and develop key long-term business relationships for the hotel. Manage the overall sales and marketing of the hotel to achieve optimal occupancy and use, maximizing revenue and meeting/exceeding hotel profit objectives.
What you will be doing
- Develop and design attractive offers and packages for guests, travel agents and corporate clients
- Create the hotel’s sales activities plan
- Monitor and analyze sales results
- Manage smooth and effective Sales operations
- Prepare contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and price conditions
- Monitor offers, options and discounts for repeat bookings for groups, conferences and seminars in close cooperation with the revenue manager
- Responsible for uncovering, prospecting, retaining and acquiring accounts and generating new business to a level that meets or exceeds sales forecasts
- Implementing grand opening strategy and short-term promotions.
- Employ tactics to match customers' growth patterns and travel needs
- Consistent pre-call program to all local/regional demand generators.
- Survey, review and analyze competition, market trends, customer needs and comments in order to develop new plans and programs to determine the potency of current plans and programs for Transient, Group and Catering
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the hotels annual budget and the advertising, public relations marketing and sales plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate, occupancy and food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
- 3+ years of hotel Director level sales experience required
- Pre-opening experience a plus
- Upscale hotel experience strongly preferred
- Market knowledge preferred
- Hyatt Brand experience preferred
- Must possess communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests
- Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- Experience selling multiple market segments required
- Documented experience in negotiating and closing business with short turn-around times required.
- Excellent communication, organization, and customer service skills required
- Must be able to work a somewhat flexible schedule including some travel.
- Knowledge of the local market
- A passion for sales and target-based performance