The Lead Maintenance Engineer is responsible for assisting with the operation maintenance service and repair of equipment as assigned. Directs and supervises the Maintenance staff as requested by Property Engineer and/or General Manager. Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the maintenance department and overseeing the successful completion of maintenance and daily assigned tasks. He/she is also responsible for participating in the preventative maintenance program handling guest requests and other work orders as assigned. He/she is also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing trade jobs such as carpentry painting plumbing etc. May require driving shuttle van when needed (property specific)
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed in a trade preferred (plumbing electrical HVAC carpentry etc.).
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Must have an acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Driving Record) property specific
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Train and supervise maintenance Engineering staff and coordinate all scheduling.
- Provide direction the Engineering department as requested by General Manager and/or Property Chief Eng.
- Ensure that all Engineering personnel fulfill their job functions appropriately.
- Follow all hotel and departmental procedures and policies.
- Report emergencies and unusual situations immediately.
- Handle guest room maintenance requests in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and helpfulness at all times.
- Assist with the operation maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Employees must at all times be friendly courteous and helpful to guests employees and managers.
- Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest rooms to include: vinyl repair touch up paint minor furniture repair tub caulking tile repairs etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines refrigerators kitchen equipment laundry equipment HVAC guestrooms meeting rooms the swimming pool and hot tub.
- Perform plumbing repair laundry equipment repair preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause - determine emergency status and report to the Front Desk with findings.
- Point out and assist with eliminating safety concerns.
- Assist in maintenance of health code requirements for pool and spa as applicable.
- Do periodic property tours of garden and exterior perimeter for debris and trash removal; Check the lighting and irrigation periodically.
- Complete all appropriate Engineering forms.
- Assist with the set up of special meeting needs.
- Complete assigned maintenance request forms daily.
- Use proper two way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Hyatt House Scottsdale
Welcome to sunny North Scottsdale, perched on the doorstep of the rugged McDowell Mountains and an easy drive north of Phoenix. Whether you’re visiting the Valley of the Sun on a business trip, a golfing getaway, or anything in between, Hyatt Place Scottsdale - North offers a comfortable stay with everything you need to feel at home—including an outdoor pool and multiple dining outlets.