Posted February 14, 2021
Join the #1 Best New Hotel voted by USA Today Readers!
Job Title: Kitchen Steward
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Chef
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To perform duties to maintain kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
Must be available to work PM, evening shifts
1. Sweeps and mops floor once every hour as needed.
2. Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on
conveyor to dishwashing machine. Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand. Runs glasses
through dish machine twice.
3. Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
4. Separates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers; steam-cleans
or hoses-out garbage cans.
5. Sorts bottles, and breaks disposable ones in bottle-crushing machine.
6. Polishes silver, using burnishing-machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth,
7. Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of hand
8. Sets up banquet tables, when required.
9. Washes and peels vegetables using knife or peeling machine, when required.
10. Puts away all clean utensils; puts away & rotates stock in designated areas.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use hands to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy.
2. Understand simple instructions.
3. Learn simple procedures and techniques.
4. Perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
5. Understands OSHA regulations.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience None required
591 Room Hotel
Opening in 2020, the Grand Hyatt Nashville is inspired by Music City’s history, charm and personality. The impressive 24-story hotel features 591 beautifully modern guest rooms, 77,000 square feet of event space, signature restaurants, multiple bars, a rooftop lounge, a pool deck overlooking the city, a Grand Club Lounge and a world-class spa.
Nashville, TN 37203
Telephone (615) 622-1234