Ensure that all maintenance functions, including preventative maintenance are completed in a timely manner and are safety compliant.
- Oversees the property grounds, public areas and hotel guest rooms
- Conducts preventative maintenance to prevent breakdowns in hotel accommodations
- Paints, replaces electrical accessories, maintains HVAC
- Responds to guest complaints in a timely manner
- Fulfills work orders in a timely manner
- Completes daily rounds, identifying and reporting problems
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years in a hotel maintenance position
- In-depth knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and general carpentry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Hyatt Place Des Moines/Downtown
93 Room Hotel
Hyatt Place Des Moines/Downtown is located in historic Downtown Des Moines and only minutes away from the Des Moines International Airport. Excellent service combined with all the conveniences and amenities one could want, sets Hyatt Place apart from other hotels in Downtown. Des Moines features four miles of climate-controlled skywalk connecting the hotel to event centers, shopping, dining and major businesses located in buildings such as the Ruan Center, 801 Grand/Principal Tower, EMC Insurance Building, Bank of America Building and Hub Tower among many.
Visit the Court Avenue District for dinner, see a Broadway show at the Civic Center or stay into the evening to enjoy a variety of entertainment and nightlife. Wells Fargo Arena, Hy-Vee Hall, Polk County Convention Center and Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium are easily accessible via the skywalk or shuttle. For the family, Iowa’s famous State Fair, Science Center and IMAX theatre, Principal Park where the Iowa Cubs play and the State Capitol Building are just minutes away.