Posted November 20, 2020
INTERSTATE HOTELS & RESORTS
JOB TITLE: Gallery Host – Front Desk
No description for a position can possibly include all duties which may be requested by guest or required by management. The objective of all positions is to effectively provide the quality services personally, or to immediately refer requests to the appropriate Manager. The following is a summary of the major responsibilities of the position.
BASIC PURPOSE: Providing efficient and professional service throughout the entire guest stay experience, while also responding to inquiries and challenges in an equally courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all SOPs, policies, and values. This position reports to the Front Office Supervisor
REQUIREMENT: Must be able to work AM and PM and Overnight shifts, weekdays, weekends and holidays.
1. Contribute to the Gallery Host team in order to provide professional, efficient, and dynamic customer service to all guests and associates.
2.Pre-register, block reservations and take same day reservations and when necessary future reservations following hotel rate structures, discounts, and sell strategies.
3.Handle guest check-ins/check-outs in accordance with hotel credit/cash handling policies in an efficient and friendly manner.
4.Resolve customer complaints; assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, check cashing, safety boxes, etc.
5. Cancel room reservations according to procedures.
6. Walk customers in a professional and courteous manner according to procedures.
7. Perform all daily checklists and sidework duties.
8. Inventory guest room keys according to policy and request re-keying as necessary.
9. Assist with responsibilities and duties in the absence or heavy volume in the areas of Bell Person, PBX Operator, and Reservationist.
10. Verify registration cards against computer to ensure accuracy of name, type of payment, rate, market segment.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Previous Front Desk and or Night Audit experience preferred
Skills and Abilities: Requires a working knowledge of the Front Desk aspect of Interstate's services, policies or operations and a general knowledge of the hotel. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job. Opera knowledge is a plus.
Requires knowledge of and ability to operate computer equipment and the reservations system.
Ability to read and speak English. Second language is preferred.
189 Room Hotel
Explore the San Gabriel Valley from rooms by Old Pasadena’s museums, international restaurants, and specialty shops. It’s just a mile from Hyatt Place Pasadena to the Caltech campus, and 12 miles to downtown Los Angeles.
The hotel is located in downtown Pasadena and will feature: