We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Maintenance Engineer to join our team. The Maintenance Engineer will work closely with the hotel’s Front Office and Housekeeping teams. The successful candidate will ensure that the property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to customers and employees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represent the hotel in a positive manner at all times.
- Prioritize any repairs or maintenance issues that may impact or inconvenience our guest's experience.
- Repair and maintain facility buildings and equipment.
- Complete any building and room repairs, plumbing, painting, sheetrock work, and carpentry.
- Perform preventative maintenance on building and equipment.
- Complete ground work and custodial work as necessary.
- Clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintains all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment used are returned to and secured in proper storage area.
- Assists in handling emergencies in order to protect our guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner.
- Maintain communication with Chief Engineer to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order.
- Keep Chief Engineer updated on assignments.
- Drive guests in hotel shuttle.
Exemplify the hotel's Standard Code of Conduct and all other regulations established by management and Employee Handbook.
- Maintain the hotel's emergency procedures as instructed by hotel management.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Previous maintenance experience is required
- Show off the proper uniform/dress at all times and be well groomed.
- Be flexible since you are running a 24/7 hotel operation.
- This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying, lifting pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- High school or equivalent education required.
Hyatt Place Ann Arbor
142 Room Hotel
Minutes from the University of Michigan
The brand new Hyatt Place Ann Arbor is NOW OPEN! Ann Arbor offers the charm of a small town packed with all of the attractions of a big city. Take part in Ann Arbor tradition with a football game at Michigan Stadium (Go Blue!), or peruse the picturesque Kerrytown Market & Shops in the historic Market District. With a stay at Hyatt Place Ann Arbor—on State Street, right off I-94—you’re a short drive from the University of Michigan and the must-sees that come from being near campus—think galleries, restaurants, shows, museums, events, and more.