The Director Engineering oversees the property's facilities maintenance function and is responsible for the operation maintenance service and repair of equipment on site. Directs and supervises the Maintenance staff as requested by General Manager. Directs a team responsible for the maintenance of buildings and grounds including renovations expansions and improvements.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience including some prior management experience.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Licensed in a trade preferred (plumbing electrical HVAC carpentry etc.).
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Must have an acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Driving Record) property specific
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Has extensive experience with the concepts and principles of one or more related fields or departments.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for receiving and prioritizing requests for maintenance.
- Develops schedules for preventative maintenance and ensures that facilities are inspected regularly to identify current and potential maintenance needs.
- Ensures repairs comply with internal policies and external regulations. Maintains records and documentation related to repairs made.
- Leads and directs the work of other associates and has responsibility for personnel actions including hiring performance management and termination.
- Contributes to strategic planning direction and goal setting for the department or function in collaboration with senior management.
- Establishes departmental policies practices and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Use proper two way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Hyatt Regency North Dallas
342 Room Hotel
Sophisticated Richardson hotels begin and end with Hyatt Regency North Dallas. Our location inside “The Telecom Corridor” affords business travelers access to award-winning convention centers, Fortune 500 companies, golf courses and easy access to areas like Garland, Plano and Frisco. Explore the outdoors when you are out of the boardroom and leave your car in the free lot for our convenient DART Red and Blue Rail.
Relax in refined luxury. Hyatt Regency North Dallas offers guest rooms that are in a class of their own. Visit our hotel under the assumption that your expectations will be exceeded.
Get your family excited for exotic exhibits at the Dallas Zoo, or devote a day to Six Flags Over Texas. Many of our area attractions like Hawaiian Falls Garland are a few miles away, but the engine that runs northeast Texas is found downtown. Attend famous NASCAR sporting events at the Texas Motor Speedway. Taste our classic Texas culture in more than one way when you experience a Mesquite Championship Rodeo show. And while you wait for your football game to start at AT&T Stadium, tailgate with grub from local mom-and-pop barbeque spots.