A Cook is responsible for preparing all food items based on standardized recipes for the Complimentary Breakfast Area while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Food Handlers Certification (must comply with State requirements)
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers Safety etc.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparations prior to opening of the Breakfast Area in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Complimentary operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare and service food for Complimentary Breafast as specified by the Food Production Manager.
- Prepare all foods following Aimbridge Hospitality standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Food Production Manager or Assistant Food Production Manager.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other associates.
- Be familiar with all hotel policies and house rules.
- Be familiar with hotel's emergency procedures.
- Use Production Charts as specified by Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to guests managers and other associates.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain the 'Clean As You Go' policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood
126 Room Hotel
Nestled in the quaint neighborhoods of northwestern South Carolina, Hyatt Place Greenville / Haywood has all the perfect amenities to make every stay feel like home. At our Greenville hotel guests can count on a plush king bed to greet them for a good night’s sleep after a busy day at Haywood Mall.
- 126 Rooms
- Outdoor Pool
- 24/7 Gym
- 1,100 sq ft of Meeting Space
- Shuttle Service in 2-mile radius running 8:00 A.M.-10:00 P.M.