Posted January 29, 2020
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
BASIC PURPOSE: Plan and manage the Restaurant, Room Service and other food and beverage outlets as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for the short term planning and daily operations of the Restaurant and Room Service and may manage a lounge or quiet bar. Recommends promotional ideas and procedural changes. Prepares forecasts, implements, monitors and controls the budgets for the various areas.
1. Manage the Human Resources in the various outlets in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate. (30%)
2. Implement company programs (IHC/Franchiser) and manage the operations of the Restaurant, Room Service and any other food and beverage outlet as required to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure am optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest(s). (30%)
3. Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc...) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service. (15%)
4. Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects. (10%)
5. Create, recommend and implement promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market. (5%)
6. Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service. (5%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (5%)
1. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
2. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: More than two years of post high school education, but less than a degree from a four year college
Experience: Two to three full years of full employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities:
Requires thorough knowledge of the restaurant/hotel practices and procedures in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work. May require knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines. Supervision/ management communication skills are required. Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information and make logical conclusions and recommendations. Ability to make occasional decisions which are generally guided by established policy and procedures.
481 Room Hotel
Travelers can experience Brew City the way it was meant to be seen - from our sensational hotel in Milwaukee, WI. Whether in town for a business meeting or family getaway, Hyatt Regency is the ideal place for visitors to stay to explore the area, be productive, and feel at home. Located adjacent to the Wisconsin Center, our hotel in the downtown district perfectly complements the convention center with over 33,000 square feet of stylish event space, ideal for social galas, weddings, conferences, and executive meetings.
What Makes A Seamless Stay:
333 West Kilbourne Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Telephone (414) 276-1234