Posted January 19, 2020
The Hyatt Place Vacaville is a new-build hotel located adjacent to Sunrise Banquet Hall and Event Center, a popular Vacaville event venue, and near Nut Tree Plaza and the Vacaville Premium Outlets. Offering casual hospitality and purposeful service in a smartly designed, high-tech and contemporary environment, Hyatt Place Vacaville will feature stylish and comfortable guestrooms with separate spaces for sleeping, working and playing, and the amenities to accommodate guests’ lifestyles and familiar routines.
The Opportunity We are currently looking for a Kitchen Host to join our Team at our Hyatt Place Vacaveille property. The Kitchen Host is responsible for preparing quality food in a safe and efficient manner while complying with proper food handling techniques. The Kitchen Host is to ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen, including dishes, flatware and related equipment. Ensure the kitchen is clean, orderly and sanitized.
Key responsibilities of a Kitchen Host include:
• Preparing menu items according to standard recipe, plating and time standards
• Portioning, arranging, and garnishing food to ensure proper presentation
• Labeling and dating all food items that are prepped and/or opened from their original packaging to ensure proper rotation
• Assuming 100% responsibility for the quality of products prepared and served
• Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food products at work station to ensure a smooth service period
• Assisting other cooks during times of heavy business volume
• Covering breaks and assisting other kitchen areas during slow periods
• Assisting with storeroom duties as needed, such as receiving orders and rotating stock
• Maintaining professional communication with front of the house staff to accommodate all guest requests and special dietary needs
• Observing and testing food to ensure proper quality using methods such as tasting, smelling, or testing proper cooking temperature with a thermometer
• Maintaining a clean and organized work area
• Ensuring that equipment in work area is clean and in proper working condition
• Operating a variety of kitchen equipment
• Stocking, dating, rotating and checking temperatures of product
• Demonstrating the Evolution Hospitality Values and Guiding Principles
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Must be able to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels, instructions, and basic requests
• Must possess proficient knife skills
• Ability to use cut glove and other kitchen safety equipment
• Ability to adjust to high pressure situations and be open to change
• Ability to work where there is frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high and low temperatures and humidity
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, holidays and weekends
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card
• Perform other duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
136 Room Hotel
Our Vacaville hotel is the perfect choice for stays between Sacramento, Napa, and San Francisco. Hyatt Place Vacaville is minutes away from the University of California, Davis, local wineries and the Vacaville Premium Outlets.
Guests can start their morning with cage-free eggs, steel-cut oatmeal, whole fruit, all-natural bacon and sausage, and more. The Market offers a selection of perfectly packaged grab-and-go items from snacks to salads, while our bakery case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. The Bar offers thoughtfully sourced, regionally inspired food, premium alcoholic beverages and specialty coffee drinks.
610 Orange Drive
Vacaville, CA 95687
Telephone (707) 469-2323