At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. Hyatt Place Chicago Schaumburg is looking for an energetic and detail oriented individual to join their guest service team as a Shuttle Driver.
The Van and Shuttle Driver will drive guests to area locations within a few miles radius of the hotel.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of: a) scheduled daily activities. b) daily arrivals/departures, house count. c) features and services provided by the hotel. d) hours of operation of each outlet. e) parking facilities, layout, hours of operation, prices and procedures.
- Greet arriving guests/visitors; bid farewell to departing guests/visitors and invite them to return.
- Drive guests to desired location within a one mile radius of the hotel
- Ensure security of vehicle and its keys.
- Relay accurate directions to guests/visitors on inquires regarding destinations within the local area.
- Inspect vehicle on a daily basis
- Report any vehicle/safety hazards;
- Follow designated procedures for vehicle accidents, breakdowns and incidents.
Education & Experience:
- Valid drivers' license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of local areas and roads.
- 3+ years experience driving vehicles.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Able to drive all types of vehicles. Compute basic arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Maintain concentration and think clearly under all driving conditions.
- Work in variable weather conditions.
- Ensure security of vehicles and hotel property.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate. Prior training in guest relations. Knowledge of vehicle maintenance. Previous experience in a similar position in the Hospitality industry preferred.
Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg
127 Room Hotel
Welcome to Our Modern Hotel in Schaumburg, IL
Settle into our cozy suburb and enjoy all the convenience that comes with a location northwest of downtown Chicago. We are next door to delicious dining, shopping centers and lakeside forests, while city attractions like Allstate Arena can be reached in minutes. Head straight from O’Hare International Airport to Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg for free parking, free Wi-Fi, family and business-friendly amenities as well as spacious, modern guestrooms.