Finance Manager: Sunrise Palace
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager to join our team at our Hotel Angeleno property. The Finance Manager is responsible for all accounting activities related to income auditing, cashiering, AP Processing, A/R collection, tax compliance, payroll and month end processing so as to ensure financial controls, accurate reporting and hotel profitability.
- Implement and enforce all finance Signature Standards as well as applicable hotel brand standards.
- Process timely and accurate biweekly payroll, including time edits and incentive disbursements in compliance with state and federal labor laws.
- Processes invoices and accounts payables requests twice weekly.
- Detailed daily income auditing and revenue posting including:
- Review ledger details daily for guest, city and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue postings.
- Reviews Guest, House, and Group Ledgers for high balances or past due balances
- Ensures that city ledger transfers balance with Accounts Receivable detail.
- Checks the clerical accuracy of the General Cashier reports.
- Analyzes the Night Audit report to the Housekeeper’s Report on a daily basis to investigate any discrepancies on occupied rooms.
- Updates and organizes night audit packs
- Daily deposits and cashiering.
- Weekly reconciliation of cash and credit card deposits.
- Bi-weekly accounts receivables billing, payment posting and collection calls.
- Ensures that invoices, paid outs, rebates, time sheets, overtime authorizations, punch detail authorizations, etc. are properly documented and signed.
- Partner with corporate Human Resources so as to ensure accurate associate file maintenance
- Assist General Manager in preparing budget assumptions controllable expenses.
- Assist General Manager in monthly GOP forecasting.
- Review daily flash report for completion and accuracy.
- Month end processing. Prepare adjusting journal entries and accruals by the fifth of the month.
- Ensures occupancy and sales tax are balanced monthly, adheres to the tax compliance code and submits proper tax exemption paperwork to the corporate office monthly.
- Maintains control and security over hotel cash
- Handle sensitive and confidential materials and information without compromising the integrity of the organization.
- Enforce rules of conduct and discipline in accordance with company standards, the associate handbook and Guiding Principles and Values.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar accounting position and/or hotel income auditor or night auditor experience
- Experience with reading and analyzing general ledger reports
- Aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must possess strong communication skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hyatt Place Vacaville
136 Room Hotel
Our Vacaville hotel is the perfect choice for stays between Sacramento, Napa, and San Francisco. Hyatt Place Vacaville is minutes away from the University of California, Davis, local wineries and the Vacaville Premium Outlets.
Guests can start their morning with cage-free eggs, steel-cut oatmeal, whole fruit, all-natural bacon and sausage, and more. The Market offers a selection of perfectly packaged grab-and-go items from snacks to salads, while our bakery case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. The Bar offers thoughtfully sourced, regionally inspired food, premium alcoholic beverages and specialty coffee drinks.
- 136 rooms, including 7 suites
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness Center
- 525 sq. ft. of event space