As a Food & Beverage Cashier Host, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals of the daily operation of the restaurant and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will ensure the highest quality service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage service.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of one year cash handling experience with general knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Become informed of daily/weekly specials and is able to explain all menu items and methods of cooking/preparation to the customers as requested.
- Ensures guests are comfortable in their seats and arranges for appropriate adaptations such as high chairs, wheel chair seating, etc.
- Assists Manager or Supervisor with opening tasks such as assigning stations to servers for meal periods and retrieving daily specials.
- Processes take-out orders; may answer room service phone and process room service orders; practices suggestive selling techniques.
- Receives customer payment from servers and processes transactions on cash register as outlined in the cash and charge procedures; gives correct change; balances cash drawer at close of shift.
- Receive direct and indirect customer feedback regarding their dining experience and relays feedback to proper management.
- Completes all opening/closing paperwork and documents voids on void balance sheet.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Regency Dulles
316 Room Hotel
Located just minutes from Washington Dulles International and a short Metro ride to DC, our Herndon, VA hotel is conveniently located for both business and leisure travelers. Travelers enjoy door-to-door service with our complimentary airport shuttle, which also runs by the bustling Reston Town Center. We ensure travel is relaxing and seamless with our modern guestrooms, inviting atmosphere, and approachable staff that is always here to help.
- 316 spacious executive guestrooms and suites
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guestrooms
- Complimentary self-parking
- 24 hour StayFit™ gym
- Indoor lap pool / full-size hot tub - Limited Hours Apply
- 24 hour business center