Posted October 18, 2019
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
· Sort all stained/damaged items and determine status for rewash or discard; maintain continuous inventory of discarded items.
· Operate the ironing and folder machines according to specifications, while processing cleaned articles through the machines.
· Fold cleaned articles and stack into designated amounts by type and size. Place stacks in specified areas of distribution.
· Remove lint and debris from dryer filters as specified in departmental procedures.
· Use cleaning chemicals according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
· Check the working condition and cleanliness of laundry machinery.
· Monitor usage of chemicals and water to maximize consumption.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas throughout shift.
· Restock work areas for next shift as assigned.
· Turns in all lost and found items and all guest room keys.
· Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
· Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
· Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
· Utilizes protective equipment.
· Reports unsafe conditions to management.
· Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to management.
· Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
· All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance.
· Perform any related duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
· Assists other Housekeeping Personnel when need.
· Push Heavy carts.
· Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill, and ability.
· No previous experience required.
336 Room Hotel
Be a part of something bigger. Enjoy life every day. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a company that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun. With careers spanning the globe, your perfect opportunity awaits. Discover why Hyatt is consistently ranked one of the world’s best places to work.
Each of the unique 14 brands within the Hyatt portfolio offers a distinct interpretation of our foundational purpose: to deliver personalized care and unforgettable experiences.
Fortune Magazine has included Hyatt on its list of the “100 Best Workplaces for Diversity”! We’re honored to be recognized among industry leaders who are doing the most to create inclusive cultures.
1111 Airport Boulevard
PO Box 12420
Pittsburgh, PA 15231
Telephone (724) 899-1234