Responsible for managing all housekeeping functions and staff to ensure property guest rooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Areas of responsibility include Housekeeping, Public Areas, Recreation, and Laundry. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures brand and White Lodging standards and procedures are being followed.
Click Here to Apply
• Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
• Runs the perfect shift, utilizing the Management Checklist or Calendar for Success.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guestrooms, public space and employee areas are cleaned according to operating standards.
• Ensures compliance with all White Lodging and brand housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Initiates and maintains an effective inspection program including rooms, public areas, employee work and locker areas, storage areas, recreation areas, laundry areas, garage and grounds.
• Facilitates preshifts and classroom training; manages the training process.
• Oversees cleaning functions in all areas.
• Executes brand standards and WL Way.
• Ensures accurate Kronos records.
• Can perform all hourly roles in areas of responsibility.
• Delivers on AEA Q12.
• Supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of guestroom and cleaning supplies.
• Understands the importance of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Keeps the Housekeeping team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Develops goals and expectations for direct report managers.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Communicates expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired business results.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
• Establishes goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility.
• Directs staff to strive for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
• Continually recruits hourly and management staff.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Properly oversees contract and guidelines for contract labor.
• Maintains a positive working relationship with contract labor companies.
• Responsible for passing safety audits and internal audits.
• GSS: Ensure goals are met for all guest service related measurements.
• Department Budget: Meet budgeted wages and general expenses.
• Associate Relations: AES plans and actions implemented and measured.
• Extensive knowledge of Housekeeping and Laundry operational procedures
• Effective decision making skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting, and capital expenditure planning
• Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g. associates, customers, vendors
• Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
• Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Strong organization skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective conflict management skills
• Strong customer and associate relation skills
• Good training/facilitator skills
• Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
• Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
• Minimum of 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience required
• Experience in similar leadership role required
• Able to traverse entire hotel multiple times a day.
• Requires bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling.