Posted September 10, 2019
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for the housekeeping standards of all guest and meeting rooms, public spaces, hallways, work, and storage areas. The Supervisor may inspect the work of others and may individually clean rooms, public spaces or other areas as needed.
Core Responsibilities Include:
· Inspecting guest rooms, meeting rooms, public spaces, and hallways for cleanliness and order. Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
· Coordinating cleaning and maintenance schedules according to guest needs, working with front desk and maintenance personnel.
· Verifies completion of laundry and inventory restocking.
· Training and coaching housekeeping staff in specific cleaning and room placement job tasks and in completion of daily schedules.
· Conducts new employee training.
· Supporting the hotel's leadership team in managing labor costs within budget standards and staffing guidelines for rooms sold.
· Following facility safety and security guidelines, ensuring key control, emergency response, safe chemical handling and proper chemical usage. Serves as an emergency responder for the location.
· Manages supply inventory and monitors storage procedures and Housekeeper/House Attendant cart arrangements.
· Developing work schedules and coordinating staff work assignments in conjunction with hotel General Manager or Assistant General Manager and facility staffing guidelines.
· Conducting regular tours of work areas, reviewing housekeeping efforts of staff and checking for productivity in completion of assignments. Supplements team's efforts by cleaning as needed.
· Provides input to General Manager for team member selection process and for associate performance reviews.
·> Ability to clean and perform housekeeping duties in a lodging facility.
· Ability to work well with others.Previous housekeeping supervisor experience will be required, speaking other languagues will be a plus, computer friendly (outlook, microsoft excell & word), Opera PMS knowledge.
· Strong work ethic.
· Must be able to communicate by reading, writing, and verbal command of English.
· Must have experience using a computer to enter and access information.
· Time Management capability to lead others to accomplish work within established parameters
· Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
· Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome – clean, organized and refreshed hotel property – through and with others
· Composure to respond calmly to unexpected changes in occupancy, scheduling, or team member attendance
149 Room Hotel
They Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport hotel is located east off I-95, less than 8 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport. We offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the FLL airport, hotel wide Wi-Fi, a hot breakfast buffet from the a.m. Kitchen Skillet, and parking. Relax after a busy day in one of our roomy guest rooms, featuring Grand Hyatt bedding, a separated living area, and a large HDTV.
Local restaurants offering popular dishes and local menus are less than a mile away. Las Olas Boulevard, the Dania Beach Pier, and Port Everglades are all less than 10 miles away, making us an ideal option for pre and post stay cruises. Take a yacht charter or a cruise tour of Fort Lauderdale’s beachfronts and water-ways or attend one of the popular events happening weekly at the Hard Rock Café and Casino, SunLife Stadium, and the BB&T Center.
91 Southwest 18th Avenue
Dania Beach, FL 33004
Telephone (954) 922-0436