Posted August 13, 2019
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading a team of store partners to create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers and partners in a hotel setting. The store manager is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the store. In particular, a majority of time is spent supervising and directing the workforce, making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, discharging, staffing and scheduling), ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, managing the store's financial performance, and managing safety and security within the store. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles, under the guidance of Interstate Hotels and Resorts Management Company.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
- Displays a "customer comes first" attitude by training and holding partners accountable for delivering legendary customer service.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store partners to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Monitors and manages store staffing levels to ensure partner development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the store team. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt partners and minors.
- Solicits customer feedback and proactively researches local markets to understand customer and community needs.
- Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store. Tools include Automated Labor Scheduling, Monthly Status Report, Quarterly Business Review, cash management and inventory management.
- Uses discretion in accessing external resources to support store operations and to execute district and regional initiatives. Resources include Partner Resources, Marketing, Partner & Asset Protection, Food & Beverage, Coffee, and Retail Implementation departments.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Actively manages store partners by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve partner performance. Manages ongoing partner performance using performance management tools to support organizational objectives.
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with partners in the district by understanding and addressing individual motivation, cultural nuances, needs and concerns. Challenges and motivates partners to achieve business results.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Ensures team members adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and programs as well as by finding new, creative, and effective methods of recognition.
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful store team resulting in an environment where partners are valued and respected.
Summary of Experience
- Progressively responsible retail experience 3 years
- Supervision 1 year
- Experience analyzing financial reports
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage store operations independently
- Ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to manage resources to ensure that established service levels are achieved at all times
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of customer service techniques
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team-building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
481 Room Hotel
Travelers can experience Brew City the way it was meant to be seen - from our sensational hotel in Milwaukee, WI. Whether in town for a business meeting or family getaway, Hyatt Regency is the ideal place for visitors to stay to explore the area, be productive, and feel at home. Located adjacent to the Wisconsin Center, our hotel in the downtown district perfectly complements the convention center with over 33,000 square feet of stylish event space, ideal for social galas, weddings, conferences, and executive meetings.
What Makes A Seamless Stay:
333 West Kilbourne Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Telephone (414) 276-1234