- Assists with identifying and soliciting new accounts
- Assists with maintaining existing accounts
- Assists with achieving monthly revenue booking goals
- Assists with completing daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Receives and responds to requests for information and inquiries by responding directly to the customer or routing calls to the appropriate team member
- Composes and distributes routing correspondence, reports or contracts (to include BEOs, Sales Contracts, PACE Reports, Statistical Reports) based upon organizational practice, policies, and at the direction of the Director of Sales or GM
- Ensures all documents are completed accurately and on time and maintains sales records and filing system
- Reserves conference space and books blocks of rooms for guests
- Assists with set up, maintaining, and clearing of banquet space before and after events
- Administers group and meeting/banquet events including greeting all groups, creating and placing welcome amenities in rooms, finalizing items with the group at check in/out
- Follows up with past clients to ensure guest satisfaction
- Coordinates with customers on due dates for rooming lists, cut off dates, BEOs, contracts, etc.. to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Responds to all guest inquiries and third party meeting leads in a timely fashion
- Details banquet event orders and distributes to staff
- Creates and maintains group blocks and catering/banquet events in the property PMS systems
- Conducts inspections of guest and meeting rooms, banquet facilities to ensure they meet customer expectations
- Works closely with front desk to ensure accuracy of reservations, groups, events
- Works client-related special events
- Abides by Prime Time Selling hours
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
- Minimum of 1 year in hotel or conference Catering/Sales Assistant role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Negotiating Skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must have flexible work hours that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Sales Focus
- Written Communications
- Time Management
- Functional Technical
Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Hyatt Place Des Moines/Downtown
93 Room Hotel
Hyatt Place Des Moines/Downtown is located in historic Downtown Des Moines and only minutes away from the Des Moines International Airport. Excellent service combined with all the conveniences and amenities one could want, sets Hyatt Place apart from other hotels in Downtown. Des Moines features four miles of climate-controlled skywalk connecting the hotel to event centers, shopping, dining and major businesses located in buildings such as the Ruan Center, 801 Grand/Principal Tower, EMC Insurance Building, Bank of America Building and Hub Tower among many.
Visit the Court Avenue District for dinner, see a Broadway show at the Civic Center or stay into the evening to enjoy a variety of entertainment and nightlife. Wells Fargo Arena, Hy-Vee Hall, Polk County Convention Center and Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium are easily accessible via the skywalk or shuttle. For the family, Iowa’s famous State Fair, Science Center and IMAX theatre, Principal Park where the Iowa Cubs play and the State Capitol Building are just minutes away.