Posted September 22, 2019
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
JOB TITLE: Director of Revenue Management
REPORTS TO: General Manager
BASIC PURPOSE: To maximize total sales and yield penetration, thorough proper management of inventories and public space through analytical and technical knowledge of Hotel Reservations System, Sales and Catering Management System, and Front Office System.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for developing and recommending sales strategies, room mix, catering contribution, and pricing. Responsible for Reservation System, Sales Management System, daily operations, forecasting support, and reporting. Establish transient room rate contracts, set group ceilings and target rates, and catering minimums and space release policies.
1. Provide input into the supervising of the Reservations Sales employees: interview, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline, as appropriate. (15%)
2. Develop, implement, monitor, and control all sales strategies. Conduct Sales Strategy Meetings to ensure the proper mix of Group/Transient and Catering to maximize revenues in both rooms and catering. (40%)
3. Compile data, analyze trends, and communicate to all departments weekly, month end and year end forecasts to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained to provide quality of guest services while minimizing expenses. (10%)
4. Assist in developing, implementing, monitoring and controlling annual budget and marketing plans to assist in meeting/ exceeding the overall Hotel goals. (5%)
5. Monitor, control, and communicate inventory levels, room rate restrictions, catering space release policy, and catering minimums to meet business objectives. (15%)
6. Establish, measure, monitor and effectively evaluate processes, policies, and procedures. (5%)
7. Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well organized way. (5%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (5%)
1. Perform Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
2. Participate on task force and committees as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent.
Experience: Director of Revenue Management at a full service property or equivalent experience, or a two-time manager of which one is in the sales area discipline that has went through the DOTS Development Module, or a Department Head with the appropriate technical training.
Skills and Abilities: Analytical and technical skill required. Working knowledge of reservations, front offices, sales, catering, and property management systems, to take full advantage of revenue opportunities. Forecasting and creative revenue management abilities needed. Yield management skill required to evaluate business trends and communicate to properties the recommendations needed to take full advantage of revenue maximization.
No. of employees supervised: Two to twelve employees.
Travel required: None required.
Hours Required: 50 hours a week.
481 Room Hotel
Travelers can experience Brew City the way it was meant to be seen - from our sensational hotel in Milwaukee, WI. Whether in town for a business meeting or family getaway, Hyatt Regency is the ideal place for visitors to stay to explore the area, be productive, and feel at home. Located adjacent to the Wisconsin Center, our hotel in the downtown district perfectly complements the convention center with over 33,000 square feet of stylish event space, ideal for social galas, weddings, conferences, and executive meetings.
What Makes A Seamless Stay:
333 West Kilbourne Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Telephone (414) 276-1234