Responsible for preparing a variety of food and beverage items, cleaning and maintaining kitchen. May be required to setup and replenish food and beverage items, greet and serve guests, clean and maintain eating area in a professional and inviting appearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
- Complete opening duties according to standards:
- Meet with Sous Chef or Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- May be responsible for setting up and replenishing all food items.
- Greets and serves guests as demand is needed.
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties according to department standards:
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Pars for shift usage, freezer pull, and line set up.
- Inventory, ordering and receiving and storing products.
- Measure, log, and gage temperatures on all refrigerators and freezers.
- Record temperatures of hot and cold items as required by Brand Standards.
- Performs a variety of food preparation duties, such as repairing hot and cold breakfast foods and drinks.
- Sanitize and maintain kitchen, equipment, utensils, and service and eating areas.
- Maintains Brand Standards and Health Department requirements.
- Support team members to ensure the team's entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Prep Cook or Pantry Person at a hotel or restaurant.
- Food handling certificate.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship.
About Parks Hospitality Group . . . We are a family owned company based in Raleigh, NC focused on developing, owning and managing successful hotels. Parks Hospitality Group owns and manages seven hotels in North Carolina and Tennessee with locations in Raleigh/Cary, Burlington, Nashville and Asheville. We are proud franchise partners with Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, Starwood Hotels and Hyatt and currently have multiple projects in our developmental pipeline. To learn more, please visit www.parkshotels.com
Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown
140 Room Hotel
he Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown is one of the most iconic hotels in Asheville NC. When travelers stay with us, in scenic Downtown Asheville they are conveniently located near more than 200 locally owned restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues.
Rooms at The Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown are spacious and relaxing, with attached living space and luxurious amenities a stay will be nothing less than relaxing.
Guests can start their morning with cage-free eggs, steel-cut oatmeal, whole fruit, all-natural bacon and sausage, and more. They can get a caffeine fix in the AM, or sip a cocktail at the bar in the PM.