OTO Development is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for a Host/Hostess at Fairchild’s Public House. This onsite restaurant and bar is located in our beautiful, brand new Hyatt Centric Mountain View hotel and Fairchild’s Public House in Mountain View, California.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Greet guests and determine the number in their party.
- Appropriately estimate guest wait time, if any, and relay information to guests in a professional manner.
- Seat guests by finding a clean, available table; pulling out chairs; placing clean/current menu in front of guest, etc.
- Guide guests through the dining rooms and provide any needed assistance.
- Move and arrange tables, chairs, and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs.
- Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the standard place setting.
- Check menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day.
- Monitor dining room for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests.
- Resolve and respond to any guest issues.
- Assist servers in bussing, resetting tables, and any other needs of the operation. We are part of a team and everyone works together to ensure our guests' satisfaction.
Since 2004, OTO Development (OTO) has delivered excellence in hospitality and is one of the fastest-growing hotel development and hospitality management companies in the nation. Recognized as an industry leader OTO develops, owns and operates award-winning select-service hotels in key markets across the U.S. with brand partners: Marriott, Hilton & Hyatt. OTO has a collective history of over 530 properties, a management portfolio of over 65 properties, plus an exciting pipeline of projects. For six years OTO has ranked on INC. 5000's list of Fastest Growing Private Companies and in 2018 was certified as a high-trust, high-performance workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. As one of the fastest growing companies in the lodging industry, we are uniquely positioned to offer career opportunities with high growth potential.
- Must enjoy working with all people
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced area is a must
- Weekend and holidays are a must
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Management
Hyatt Centric Mountain View
167 Room Hotel
Explore Silicon Valley
Hyatt Centric Mountain View sits amid the Village at San Antonio Center, a brand-new, 56-acre, dining-and-entertainment destination in Silicon Valley. Check out restaurants, shops, and a movie theater just outside the hotel lobby, or venture further out to tech company headquarters and world-class museums.