OTO Development is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for a Sous Chef at Fairchild’s Public House. This onsite restaurant and bar is located in our beautiful Hyatt Centric Mountain View hotel and Fairchild’s Public House.
The Sous Chef should be well versed in teaching and coaching a staff to develop and grow their skill that results in a finished product and service that meets company standards and achieves high guest satisfaction levels. This position will assist the Executive Chef on implementing kitchen and culinary changes, working hands on, work shifts, working on banquets as well as performing all other responsibilities as directed.
Duties & Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in planning and executing all functions of the Food & Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation mainly on back of the house operations including: staff supervision, inventory controls and food/labor cost, and product quality
- Prepare, assign and delegate responsibilities for the operation of the various F & B sub departments, IE: Banquets
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs to ensure efficient operation and expenditures stay within budget limitations
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to F & B, as well as local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Coverage of rank when the Executive Chef is not present
- Ensure safety of team members and cleanliness of facility and equipment
- Monitor inventory of food, beverages and supplies to ensure we are meeting par requirements in all areas
- Assist in conducting monthly inventories
- Keeping store rooms and refrigerator and freezer organized
- Assist in ordering and receiving necessary food products, beverages and supplies
- Ensures on a daily basis that the kitchen is staffed appropriately, the kitchen is clean, inventory levels are appropriate and equipment is working properly
- Includes cooking, scheduling, forecasting, and F&B cost calculations
- Provides the highest quality of customer service to the customers at all times, to include ensuring the proper training of all staff and supporting associates to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality
Since 2004, OTO Development (OTO) has delivered excellence in hospitality and is one of the fastest-growing hotel development and hospitality management companies in the nation. Recognized as an industry leader OTO develops, owns and operates award-winning select-service hotels in key markets across the U.S. with brand partners: Marriott, Hilton & Hyatt. OTO has a collective history of over 530 properties, a management portfolio of over 65 properties, plus an exciting pipeline of projects. For six years OTO has ranked on INC. 5000's list of Fastest Growing Private Companies and in 2018 was certified as a high-trust, high-performance workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. As one of the fastest growing companies in the lodging industry, we are uniquely positioned to offer career opportunities with high growth potential.
- The candidate must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of restaurant operations that encompasses food and beverage, restaurant and banquet service techniques, Health and Safety regulations and providing ultimate guest satisfaction.
- The ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and team members is an absolute necessity.
- The candidate must be able to create and promote a positive working environment among team members and resolve conflict by practicing patience and diplomacy while exercising due diligence.
- They must have the capacity to work under pressure and perform under stressful situations.
- The candidate must also have a Food Handler and TIPS certification.
- At least 3 years of Food and Beverage experience is required.
- Physical requirements include standing for long periods of time and heavy lifting.
Hyatt Centric Mountain View
167 Room Hotel
Explore Silicon Valley
Hyatt Centric Mountain View sits amid the Village at San Antonio Center, a brand-new, 56-acre, dining-and-entertainment destination in Silicon Valley. Check out restaurants, shops, and a movie theater just outside the hotel lobby, or venture further out to tech company headquarters and world-class museums.