OTO Development is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for a Cook at Fairchild’s Public House. This onsite restaurant and bar is located in our beautiful, brand new Hyatt Centric Mountain View hotel and Fairchild’s Public House in Mountain View, California.
We are looking for an enthusiastic cook to join our team!
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares food for the restaurant on property, banquets and special functions and at a high quality.
- Properly and efficiently prepare and present all food items to be served, including accommodating special guest requests.
- Rotate food in walks ins and freezers to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Maintain internal cleanliness of all food prep areas.
- Assist, as directed, ordering necessary food supplies.
- Follow all specifications and to properly set up hot and cold line stations.
- Communicate all guest requests to an appropriate person (or supervisor) in a timely and professional manner.
- Be able to read, understand and produce in a timely manner.
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- Practice safe work habits at all times and to avoid injury to self and others.
- Comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including proper handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- Perform all other tasks, including cross-training as directed.
Since 2004, OTO Development (OTO) has delivered excellence in hospitality and is one of the fastest-growing hotel development and hospitality management companies in the nation. Recognized as an industry leader OTO develops, owns and operates award-winning select-service hotels in key markets across the U.S. with brand partners: Marriott, Hilton & Hyatt. OTO has a collective history of over 530 properties, a management portfolio of over 65 properties, plus an exciting pipeline of projects. For six years OTO has ranked on INC. 5000's list of Fastest Growing Private Companies and in 2018 was certified as a high-trust, high-performance workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. As one of the fastest growing companies in the lodging industry, we are uniquely positioned to offer career opportunities with high growth potential.
- Able to understand English and to follow simple verbal direction.
- Must have basic knowledge of production and operations in all relevant kitchen areas.
- Must be familiar with proper use and cleaning of relevant kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Basic knowledge of soups, stocks and sauces required.
- Must have proficient knowledge of sautéing, culling, boiling, poaching, broiling, steaming, and braising. Must have proficient knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures. Knowledge of fabrication of basic proteins required.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Courteous and friendly; ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure Commitment to qualify service, and food and beverage knowledge.
Hyatt Centric Mountain View
167 Room Hotel
Explore Silicon Valley
Hyatt Centric Mountain View sits amid the Village at San Antonio Center, a brand-new, 56-acre, dining-and-entertainment destination in Silicon Valley. Check out restaurants, shops, and a movie theater just outside the hotel lobby, or venture further out to tech company headquarters and world-class museums.