The Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach CA is seeking a Supervisor to oversee banquet operations for our stunning new hotel!
Located in the heart of the NB Business Corridor and close to all of the fun things Newport Beach has to offer, this luxurious hotel has 343 rooms, 3 food and beverage outlets, and 28,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. This includes a 7,000 square foot ballroom with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the pool, immediate access to our elegant outdoor pavilion and event lawn.
The ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate, and professional leader with a keen eye for detail and strong organizational skills. Prior leadership and banquet / conference services experience in a luxury environment is required. In this role, you will service and set-up of high-end events, plan and direct the banquet operations for a team of 12+ employees. The position will report to the Manager of Food & Beverage and will partner closely with the Catering/Sales and Culinary departments to ensure the banquet operations can meet the demands of the clients successfully.
Requirements and Duties:
As a Banquet Manager, you will be responsible for managing the daily execution of all banquet functions in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage daily Banquet functions to include, but not limited to, planning, organizing and executing breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Oversee the set up of function rooms to include, but not limited to, the placement of linens, silver, glassware and chinaware according to event specifications and a full inspection
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish
- Communicate function specifications, procedures and changes with affected departments including, but not limited to, the Food and Beverage, Event Services, Property Operations, Audio Visual and Housekeeping
- Oversee the break down of the function room and ensure proper storage of equipment
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Technical ability to utilize Hyatt Envision System and Opera PMS
- Collaborate with Catering/Sales, Food & Beverage managers and the Culinary team to ensure that quality service is provided for all meeting and banquet guests.
- Manage the cost and quality control of banquet services
- Be an active liaison between the guests and other Hotel staff to ensure outstanding customer service while maintaining company procedures and complying with company policies
- Maintain all equipment and facilities in an organized, clean, safe environment
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to F&B Manager
- Perform monthly inventories and order supplies as needed in collaboration with the F&B Manager
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned by F&B Manager
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Banquet Captain experience required
- Bi-lingual - English and Spanish preferred
- CPR & First Aid Certification preferred
- Audio Visual skills (microphones, LCD projectors, computers and similar equipment)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Banquets, Food & Beverage, Conference Services or a related discipline is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Strong project management skills required
- Proficiency in the following software required; MS Word, Excel
- Experience in a 4-diamond hotel preferred
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of position
- Must have Audio Visual skills
- Directs the work of Associates
- Appraise Associates productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status
- Involves the Banquet Manager in situations that require disciplinary action
- Plans the work
- Apportions the work among Associates
- Responsible for end-of-shift duties including, but not limited to, billing, cleaning event space and all work areas, returning banquet bar inventory, billing and releasing staff.
- Partner with the Culinary department to provide timely and accurate food service
- Discretion / Independent Judgment
- This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances. A Banquet Captain will be expected to work with guests and visitors to ensure satisfaction. A Banquet Captain will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Close and distance vision
- Identify and distinguish colors
- Frequent standing with some walking and sitting
- Will stand for long periods of time
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs
- Occasionally lifts/carries up to 50 lbs
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual
- Dexterity and fine motor skills
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel, stoop or crouch repeatedly
- May be indoor or outdoor setting
- May work on high or precarious places
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach
343 Room Hotel
AWARD-WINNING DINING AND CONVENIENT SHUTTLE SERVICE
Relax during your stay in Orange County, California in one of the 343 newly renovated hotel rooms and suites at Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach. Enjoy conveniences such as on-site dining, wireless Internet, a fitness center and beautiful outdoor pool and spa.
If you’re flying in via John Wayne Airport (SNA), take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle to and from the hotel. We also offer regular shuttle service to South Coast Plaza, the West Coast’s largest shopping mall or, the luxurious Newport Fashion Island outdoor mall.
During your visit to Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach, indulge your taste buds with fresh California flavors at our award-winning restaurant, or relax with a glass of fine wine or your favorite adult beverage in the hotel bar. Enjoy In-room dining throughout the day.
- High-speed WiFi
- Fitness Center
- Complimentary Airport Shuttle
- Beautifully Appointed Suites
- On Site Restaurant
- Business Center