Posted January 10, 2019
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise the employees of the daily Food and Beverage operation to achieve customer satisfaction through professionalism, efficiency, and dynamic quality service.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for planning operations of the F&B operation. Recommends entertainment ideas and procedural changes. Aids in the administration of the Lounge. Monitors daily revenues and payroll expenses. Position reports to the Assistant General Manager.
1. Provide leadership and teamwork to successfully complete daily Operations Team tasks and checklists, while providing efficient service, in a friendly and professional manner.
2. Supervise the daily operations of the lounge including promotions and entertainment set-ups to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs, liquor laws, beverage control procedures and safety regulations to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests.
3. Supervise the daily operations of the Banquet area to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with local and corporate standard operating procedures.
4. Supervise the Lounge employees; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
5. Control inventories, order supplies, compile and prepare various reports and logs, update cash register system and maintain and update procedure manuals and pars to aid in the daily administration of the lounge.
6. Respond to customer needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
7. Respond to guest questions regarding the hotel. Know the lay out of the hotel including all suites, parlors, meeting rooms and all outlets' location and hours of operation.
8. Supervise the maintenance/sanitation of the lounge and equipment to protect the assets and ensure quality service.
9. Able to act as Manager On Duty if required
Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: A two-year college degree (Hospitality) or equivalent education/experience preferred.
Two years of full employment in a related Restaurant Supervisor position
Skills and Abilities:
Requires thorough knowledge of the lounge/hospitality field and the practices and procedures of the profession. Requires knowledge of the Hotel's/IHR's policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines. Requires supervision/ management skills. Requires compiling facts and figures in accordance with established procedures. Ability to make decisions which are generally guided by established policy and procedures. Must possess oral and written communication skills. Completion of TIPS Training a plus.
189 Room Hotel
Explore the San Gabriel Valley from rooms by Old Pasadena’s museums, international restaurants, and specialty shops. It’s just a mile from Hyatt Place Pasadena to the Caltech campus, and 12 miles to downtown Los Angeles.
The hotel is located in downtown Pasadena and will feature:
399 East Green Street
Pasadena, CA 91101
Telephone (626) 788-9108