“Inspiring the freedom to be extraordinary enabling unique stories through curated, authentic experiences...”Description
The 1st Cook is an important part of the hotel’s culinary team. This position reports to the Executive Chef.
The primary duty of the 1st Cook is to prepare high quality food to order for guests based on established guidelines, keep work area clean and organized and conduct his or her self in a positive professional manner.
The 1st Cook is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of food items for all outlets and for maintaining a level of professionalism in the kitchen.
The 1st cook needs to work well under pressure, is organized, flexible, creative and self-motivated. The 1st cook is responsible to maintain a safe work environment for yourself and your co-workers by upholding the safety rules ensure that your co-workers practice safe work habits ensure that all equipment in the kitchen is clean and in good working condition before use
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
- Assume daily responsibilities according to schedule and business needs.
- Preparation of Outlet, Banquet and any other food requirements.
- Requisitioning of food, beverage and dry goods from the storeroom.
- Check daily food requirements and prepare them accordingly.
- Ensure that refrigerators, freezers, working areas and kitchen are kept clean.
- Ensure that equipment is functioning, sanitized and that any maintenance is reported to Kitchen Management.
- Ensure strict control of waste and portion and help to control food quality and cost using standard recipe methods, pictures and maintain low inventory.
- Design specials for the day when required.
- Must never say no to a guest request without offering an alternative.
- Must comply with requests from departmental managers.
- Attend appropriate meetings.
- On a need bases: sweep, mop, wash down tables and general cleaning to ensure a clean and sanitary work place.
- Other duties as required
Spirit Ridge colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're More Than Welcome.
- Culinary Journeyman Red Seal certificate required
- Supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5 years cooking experience – 3 years as a 2nd Cook or 1 year as a 1st Cook.
- Previous experience in Banquets, minimum of 3 years restaurant line cooking experience and knowledge of fine dining.
- Knowledge of butchery of meats & fish and preparation of soups and sauces
- Must be able to work in all areas of the line.
- Must be able to work in high paced, stressful environment and maintain professional attitude.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Long stretches between days off can be possible in high volume times.
- In and out of refrigerators/freezers with some frequency.
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume property, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and associate relations, and ability to improve the bottom line
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Spirit Ridge Service Standards and Procedures
- Spirit Ridge Lake Resort is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
226 Room Resort
About the company
Hyatt luxury has arrived in the Okanagan Valley! Come be a part of an amazing team as we show the world our spectacular destination and welcomeguests with the warmth, care, and hospitality we Canadians are known for. If you’re looking for an amazing opportunity where your spirit to serve will shine and your willingness to learn and share will precede you, let us know. We look forward to hearing from you!