Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and administer the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates. Effectively manage engineering related capital projects. Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the hotel's mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FFandE, grounds, swimming pool, etc. as defined by HEI Hotels and Resorts and brand standards.
- A complete understanding of all building related systems -- Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Life Safety, IT, etc.
- A complete understanding of all building related equipment -- HVACandR, Kitchen, Laundry, Pool, etc.
- Follows company preventative maintenance procedures and guidelines for guestrooms, equipment, public space, grounds, landscaping, and building envelop, etc.
- Maintains engineering related check book accounting procedures to ensure department operates with-in budgeted guidelines while maintaining required stock of supplies and materials.
- Effectively interview, supervise, train, manage performance, assign tasks and follows-up with engineering staff to ensure maximum productivity.
- Maintains accurate records and filing system to support RandM Budget, PM Programs, Capital Budget, Capital Projects, Life Safety Systems and Inspections, etc.
- Maintains all Engineering Spaces in a safe, clean, organized, energy efficient manner.
- Tours hotel complex daily identifying items requiring engineering, housekeeping or other departmental actions.
- Considered the property expert on all Life Safety related items, trains all managers in these areas.
- Has a firm understanding of all Brands related issues and procedures.
- Has a firm understanding of all Brand related GSS, GSI, AYS, DTS problem tracking procedures and is working to correct them.
- Has a basic understanding of elementary accounting procedures.
- Has a basic understanding of PC operation and a working knowledge of Micro Soft Office Software programs and internet use.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, seen as a strong leader through-out hotel.
- Remains current on related technology advances that would enhance operations.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- College degree or courses will be considered helpful, engineering related preferred.
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience at a comparable location. All HEI Chief Engineers are working Chief's.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
- ADA related Physical Demand Section: Frequent walking, climbing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, talking, smiling, writing, at times working in cramped noisy locations susceptible to extreme hot and cold temperatures with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
204 Room Hotel
Designed for a comfortable, seamless travel experience, Hyatt Place Boston / Braintree provides you with lifestyle conveniences to help you feel right at home. Meet new people, stay connected, and share information easily in our inviting Gallery spaces. Enjoy a swim in our indoor pool or work out in our StayFit™ Gym. And hop on our shuttle to enjoy a free ride to designated locations within a three-mile radius of our Braintree hotel.
What Guests Love:
- Modern guestrooms: Relax in residential-style rooms furnished with our plush Hyatt Grand Beds™, free Wi-Fi, a separate workspace, and a Cozy Corner with sofa-sleeper
- Recreational amenities: Take a dip in the indoor swimming pool, and work out any time of the day in the 24-hour StayFit™ Gym with state-of-the-art equipment
- 24/7 dining: Start your day with free breakfast, then enjoy freshly prepared favorites on your time
- Convenient location: Enjoy our prime setting in South Shore Place, featuring shopping and dining venues, like TGI Friday’s, Starbucks®, Ben & Jerry’s, and Five Guys Burgers
- Memorable gatherings: Host a meeting or event in our 2,976 sq ft venue, ideal for small executive meetings, reunions, social events, and wedding receptions