Food & Beverage Manager
“Inspiring the freedom to be extraordinary enabling unique stories through curated, authentic experiences…”
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for establishing a passionate and creative F&B culture at Spirit Ridge, setting strategic direction and managing the daily operations of all outlets and banquet operations. This position is ultimately responsible for the quality of service provided throughout the resort.
The Food and Beverage Manager responsibilities include:
- Supports and oversees all Food and Beverage outlets at the resort, while working closely with other departments to ensure we deliver an elevated guest and owner experience.
- Ensure effective team hiring, training, development, promotion and continuous improvement
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Work closely with the Executive Chef and the culinary team to maximize the guest experience
- Take a lead role in the re-concept of all resort outlets
- Ensure all menus are accurately costed, engineered and designed according to the strategic F&B vision of the resort
- Full understanding of colleague engagement and implements procedures to increase colleague’s satisfaction
- Develop procedures that enhance the Food and Beverage operation as a whole
- Effectively maintain inventory of venue operating supplies
- Develop and implement creative strategies for revenue enhancement and cost containment
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manage within those approved plans.
- Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, and professional appearance
- Plan, coordinate & manage special events and holiday functions
- Resolve guest complaints and maintain a high level of Food and Beverage experience and service
- Wine, Beer and Spirits knowledge in an upscale service environment is essential
This is a full time senior management position that requires flexibility, and the ability to work weekends and holidays when required.
- A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge, including a working knowledge of point of sale systems
- Candidates should be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Candidates should possess proven leadership skills
- Candidates should possess strong food and beverage knowledge. Beverage knowledge should include wine, spirits and beer
- Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of both restaurant and banquet service
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, and effective in providing exceptional customer service.
- Previous experience as a Food and Beverage Manager, Banquet Manager or Restaurant Manager is required
Spirit Ridge Lake Resort is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
226 Room Resort
About the company
Hyatt luxury has arrived in the Okanagan Valley! Come be a part of an amazing team as we show the world our spectacular destination and welcomeguests with the warmth, care, and hospitality we Canadians are known for. If you’re looking for an amazing opportunity where your spirit to serve will shine and your willingness to learn and share will precede you, let us know. We look forward to hearing from you!