The Senior Sales Manager is a fully competent individual who has experience in the sales process and function of a hotel. The Senior Sales Manager is a career sales professional and a top producer within hotel sales who has demonstrated through performance a commitment and expertise in direct sales. Responsibilities include selling guest rooms, meeting space and other Hyatt services to customer groups, managing accounts, and conducting site inspections, solicits and generates business.
Duties also include preparing and presenting effective proposals, maintaining well organized documentation and reports, utilizes Hyatt systems and coordinates customer service requirements as appropriate. The Senior Sales Manager will also participate and may lead event meetings, sales and other staff meetings. The Senior Sales Manager also works as a team member with the sales and catering staff and is in close contact with assigned Administrative Assistant and other support staff. Solicits, through direct sales and marketing contacts, the most complex accounts, which exhibit potential for business. This role may take on leadership functions and assist Director of Food and Beverage with projects.
- Actively solicit and secure new group and meetings business through outside sale calls, personal calls, site inspections, telephone and email prospecting, sales blitzes and sales trips to applicable customer locations.
- Meet or exceed revenue sales goals on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Maintain relationships with existing accounts to rebook annual or past group programs and initiate new group opportunities through referrals and customer recommendations.
- Solidify relationships with new and existing clients in the association market through regular sales contacts/visits, client entertainment, site inspections, and repeated follow-up.
- Development of creative sales solutions and site inspections to engage clients and win business in a competitive market.
- Proactive in pursuing sales activities on weekly basis to align with achieving monthly sales goals – both individual, and team goal.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Source new accounts in the association market/group segment to enhance, maximize, and maintain a healthy and robust portfolio of group business accounts.
- Work in tandem with DOFB, other sales managers and revenue team to develop special or seasonal group offers to promote to existing and prospective group accounts.
- Respond to client requests on a same-day basis and ensure that proposals and contracts meet the hotel's requirements.
- Duties also responding to inquiries and RFP’s in applicable hotel and meeting industry platforms, maintaining well organized files and utilization of Hyatt customer relationship management systems.
- The Sales Manager will also participate in daily business review meetings, sales and other staff meetings.
- Assist with internal client and Hyatt guest events.
- Participate in trade shows and industry functions in order to generate new business opportunities.
- Engage with definite groups on-site to ensure satisfaction with hotel guest rooms and event service arrangements.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of hotel operations including guest rooms, meeting space and food and beverage
- At least 3 years of hotel group sales experience preferred
- Experience in a 4-5 diamond/star hotels preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, including but not limited to, frequent/regular walking/standing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays if needed
- Geographically mobile
Hyatt Residence Club Carmel, Highlands Inn
142 Unit Time-Share
Luxury Carmel, CA Hotel Overlooking the Big Sur Coast
Indulge yourself. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is a picturesque retreat overlooking the Big Sur coast with epic views of the Pacific Ocean, and a stunning natural environment made even more special by our impeccable staff. Our Carmel by-the-Sea hotel is an oceanfront retreat that seamlessly blends the amenities of a large hotel with the refined charm of a boutique hideaway.
Dine at the award-winning Pacific’s Edge restaurant. After a morning of yoga, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or unwind with a relaxing spa experience. If it's outdoor activity you crave, we offer mountain bike rentals and maps for hikes, jogs and bike rides around the stunning Carmel area.
Let the Les Clefs d’Or Concierge arrange a day trip to explore Big Sur or a round at legendary Pebble Beach. Host an intimate sunset wedding ceremony or intimate reception on our redwood deck. Feel inspired by the breathtaking vistas that surround our Carmel hotel. Your experience is limited only by your imagination.