Bell Person/Shuttle Driver: is responsible for luggage handling in a courteous and efficient manner, while adhering to proper rooming procedures. Provide information on restaurants, bar, room features, amenities, and special events for guest’s convenience and comfort. The Bell Person also transports guests of the hotel, to various designated destinations utilizing the hotel shuttle vehicles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This position may be required to perform other duties, not listed here, as requested by management.
- Complete shift checklist.
- Knowledgeable with the amenities and features in the room.
- Knowledgeable with the hotel outlets.
- Respond to front desk's request with business demands.
- Posted in designated areas.
- Maintain radio communication at all times.
- Greet all guests.
- Handle luggage for guest checking in and checking out, while following proper rooming procedures.
- Make sure guests' rooms are in good order and guests are informed of special features of rooms and emergency exits.
- Demonstrate politeness, courtesy, and quick response to meet guest’s needs.
- Runs errands for hotel guests within the hotel premises.
- Handle luggage in a manner so there is no damage, misplaced or loss while in transit or in storage.
- Drive Hotel Shuttles to designated areas: John Wayne Orange County Airport, Shopping Malls and various Companies that have agreements with the hotel for shuttle.
- Makes prompt reports of any unusual or suspicious activities.
- Escort incoming guests to rooms, assists with hand luggage, place luggage on luggage rack, and offers information pertaining to available services and facilities of hotel, point of interest, and entertainment attractions.
- Able to explain features of room such as operation SMART TV, refreshment center, shower, bath, A/C, guestroom safe, tea, coffee, ice bucket, Guest Directory, light, clock, etc.
- Attends meeting and training sessions as required.
- Promotes teamwork within the department and among all hotel staff.
- Respond to radio dispatches.
- Perform duties in a safe manner, maintain a safe work environment. Correct safety issues; immediately report all maintenance issues.
- Follows health, safety, personnel guidelines, rules and regulations outlines in Employee Handbook.
- Reports to station, ready to work at the time of duty is scheduled to begin.
- Ability to understand and follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License and excellent driving record.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally in English.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situation to guests, clients, and other employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- It is required to be able to work flexibly morning, day, or night including weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage up to 100 lbs.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property.
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Newport Beach is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach
343 Room Hotel
AWARD-WINNING DINING AND CONVENIENT SHUTTLE SERVICE
Relax during your stay in Orange County, California in one of the 343 newly renovated hotel rooms and suites at Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach. Enjoy conveniences such as on-site dining, wireless Internet, a fitness center and beautiful outdoor pool and spa.
If you’re flying in via John Wayne Airport (SNA), take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle to and from the hotel. We also offer regular shuttle service to South Coast Plaza, the West Coast’s largest shopping mall or, the luxurious Newport Fashion Island outdoor mall.
During your visit to Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach, indulge your taste buds with fresh California flavors at our award-winning restaurant, or relax with a glass of fine wine or your favorite adult beverage in the hotel bar. Enjoy In-room dining throughout the day.
- High-speed WiFi
- Fitness Center
- Complimentary Airport Shuttle
- Beautifully Appointed Suites
- On Site Restaurant
- Business Center