The purpose of this position is to manage, plan and direct the banquet operations including service, and set-up of service. The position will report to the Banquet Manager and will partner closely with the Catering/Sales and Culinary departments to ensure the banquet operations can meet the demands of the clients successfully.
- Oversees all banquet service operations and ensures that all banquet service details are executed. Assist in ensuring that the events are on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
- Review Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) at the beginning of each shift to ensure room are set as contracted. Confirm and setup A/V equipment needs to contract for the event.
- Responsible for the performance of the banquet service staff, including direct supervision of the banquet staff. Provides leadership to the staff in the absence of the Banquet Manager
- Collaborate with Catering/Sales, Food & Beverage managers and the Culinary team to ensure that quality service is provided for all meeting and banquet guests.
- Manage the cost and quality control of banquet services.
- Be an active liaison between the guests and other Hotel staff to ensure outstanding customer service while maintaining company procedures and complying with company policies
- Maintain all equipment and facilities in an organized, clean, safe environment.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to Banquet Manager
- Perform monthly inventories and order supplies as needed in collaboration with the Banquet Manager
- Work closely with Guest Services and Maintenance to schedule and perform transportation of supplies and equipment as needed throughout the Resort
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned by Banquet Manager
- High School Diploma required
- Banquet Captain experience required
- Bi-lingual - English and Spanish preferred
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- Audio Visual skills (microphones, LCD projectors, computers and similar equipment)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Banquets, Food & Beverage, Conference Services or a related discipline is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Strong project management skills required
- Proficiency in the following software required; MS Word, Excel
- Experience in a 4-diamond hotel preferred
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of position
- Must have Audio Visual skills
- Directs the work of Associates
- Appraise Associates productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status
- Involves the Banquet Manager in situations that require disciplinary action
- Plans the work
- Apportions the work among Associates
- Responsible for end-of-shift duties including, but not limited to, billing, cleaning event space and all work areas, returning banquet bar inventory, billing and releasing staff.
- Partner with the Culinary department to provide timely and accurate food service
- Discretion / Independent Judgment
- This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances. A Banquet Captain will be expected to work with guests and visitors to ensure satisfaction. A Banquet Captain will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Close and distance vision
- Identify and distinguish colors
- Frequent standing with some walking and sitting
- Will stand for long periods of time
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs
- Occasionally lifts/carries up to 50 lbs
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual
- Dexterity and fine motor skills
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel, stoop or crouch repeatedly
- May be indoor or outdoor setting
- May work on high or precarious places
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach
343 Room Hotel
AWARD-WINNING DINING AND CONVENIENT SHUTTLE SERVICE
Relax during your stay in Orange County, California in one of the 343 newly renovated hotel rooms and suites at Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach. Enjoy conveniences such as on-site dining, wireless Internet, a fitness center and beautiful outdoor pool and spa.
If you’re flying in via John Wayne Airport (SNA), take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle to and from the hotel. We also offer regular shuttle service to South Coast Plaza, the West Coast’s largest shopping mall or, the luxurious Newport Fashion Island outdoor mall.
During your visit to Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach, indulge your taste buds with fresh California flavors at our award-winning restaurant, or relax with a glass of fine wine or your favorite adult beverage in the hotel bar. Enjoy In-room dining throughout the day.
- High-speed WiFi
- Fitness Center
- Complimentary Airport Shuttle
- Beautifully Appointed Suites
- On Site Restaurant
- Business Center